Friday, December 7, 2007

AND THEY LEFT


Did you hear the noise on the windowsill
Last night?THEY came.
Shrouded in veils of dusk
Agony and fear advancing their approach.
Dull, monotonous thuds
Of threadbare feet,that were theirs,
Bringing up sad memories with each step.
A storm was brewing,
Drops working on the roof
As a hammer on the forge.
Rampant, wild savage..
I was too frightened
To open upto them.
Too terrified of my fate
Unaccepting the finality.
But something inside me broke
Memories,writhing up my skin
Like poisonous snakes up a vine
Retrospects,remorse,retreat.
Retreat? but how?
There was no way.
No, none at all.
It was time.
Finally, I yielded.
The window smashed.
Shards pierced me
Or was it the wind?
I never knew.
But it felt just like before,
Just like your memories piercing
My veins like thorns,onward my heart.
They bore down on me,
Ripped me apart.
I felt my soul leaving,
I fell my final fall...
...And THEY left
And I with them...

No comments: