Friday, December 14, 2007

Humanity?


What should I be?
Pursue my dreams, fight the onslaughts
And make my path through bushels?
Or just fade away in dust
Of many footprints beating the
Paved path since ages?

Like a mound of raw earth,
Search for me on a potter's wheel;
But the creators hands are shrivelled,
Will I become ,what he can call, his art?
Or will I be wasted, and tossed aside
Like tissue after fulfilling its use?

I am mountain incarnate
Standing tall against storms of critisicm
Unmovable,unbreakable,Immortal.
But, can it be like this forever?
Didn't someone say that mountains
Wither away with ravages of time?

I am a river of thoughts,
Making my way through the mountains
Of dogmas placed in my way,pure to the core.
But will this river,ever reach the ocean?
Or will it, fade away in these barren lands
Where no flower can ever blossom?

I am not earth,nor am I a mountain
A river I cannot be,I am what God made me,
A human, his finest creation,
Said to be shaped and moulded in God's own form.
Said to be next to the angels.
But lying, beneath insects today.

Humanity, is just a figment of imagination today.
Humanity,will not get me food,
Will not let me live. what is it for?
Torn and weak inside, but showing
Myself the master of the world, a human!
O humanity, where do we stand today?

No comments: