Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fractions...


Flickers of truth flash

Through the canopy of

Illusions, upon me

And bring , to my face,

Troubled thoughts.

I fear , upon my

Mask of sanity,

The cracks of eccentricity

Have begun to show.


I exhale, but I am afraid

That to breathe back in,

There is no air left.

The exhalation continues, still.


To the heavens above,

I raise my spasmodic hands,

Praying to be delivered.

Disheartened and disillusioned, I am.


And then, to ground,

I let myself fall

Upon my knees and

Into pieces uncountable,

I watch myself shatter.


These pieces, I try

To collect and match

Together, as if a charred

Disintegrated jigsaw puzzle.


The pieces fit, but

Still the cracks remain.

Converging and diverging,

Dividing me into...


...Fractions.

These fractions of Insanity.

No comments: